The International Crane Foundation (ICF) is a global conservation organization that works in 55 countries to save the world’s cranes and the flyways and habitats on which they depend. ICF is committed to working across cultures to improve livelihoods for people and the habitats where cranes live. We are known for our collaborative work and effective conservation work to save cranes and their landscapes globally. ICF is highly committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment, not just in North America but throughout the world.
What is it like to work at ICF? Prepare to be surrounded by people who are passionate about our mission, dedicated to the organization, and engaged with their fellow staff and associates. You will find dedication in all levels of the organization from staff and volunteers to our dedicated Board Members. You will play a critical role in fulfilling our mission across the U.S. and 55 countries around the world. The salary range is $42,000 to $45,000 plus an excellent benefit package.
The Program Finance and Administration Officer for our Asia Program supports the mission of ICF by being responsible for financial management and administrative support (e.g., editing of documents, taking notes at meetings, travel planning, and the fulfillment of administration requirements) for ICF’s Asia Program. The role works in collaboration with the ICF Office in China, support staff and partner organizations in Asia including financial, governance and administrative staff. Supporting the Asia program will require some work outside the normal workday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
FINANCE – ASIA
- Assist Vice President – Asia and Asia program staff with development and management of annual budgets, including the oversight of budgets and expenditure in China and the East Asia programs. Provide monthly reports to VP-Asia Programs and ICF Headquarters.
- Assist Grant Officer – Asia and Asia program staff with development and management of grant budgets. Produce financial reports for grants including comparing actual spending to approved budgets. Monitor over- or under-expenditures and notify program staff on a timely basis in case adjustments in spending are needed, or donor approval is required for budget revisions.
- Coordinate financial management for Asian project countries (currently including Mongolia, South Korea, Russia, Bhutan, and Vietnam) review annual budgets, develop and manage agreements, monitor cash needs and arrange transfer of funds, monitor spending and review supporting documents.
- Review monthly expense reports from ICF’s China Representative Office for import into ICF’s Abila MIP Fund Accounting software. Ensure proper coding and links to grants.
- Editing reports, memos, publications, and other technical and publicly oriented materials, including some written by staff for which English is a second language.
- Scheduling and planning, logistics coordination including international travel for program staff and partners (e.g., visas, flights).
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide record keeping compliant with ICF’s Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Periodically review budget codes to reconcile balances and assign salary support and essential function support allocations for grants.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements for the office.
- Respond to financial questions from ICF auditors as needed.
- Budget/finance support including project/equipment pricing, etc.
- Communicate and liaise with ICF staff and partners.
- Provide minute taking at relevant meetings.
- Carry out any other relevant tasks as required by and mutually agreed with Asia Program supervisor.
- Associate degree or higher in a relevant field including finance, accounting, business, organizational management, or natural resources.
- Professional training in accounting and usage of relevant software is desirable.
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing program and project budgets.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with an international organization in a similar position.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using essential office software (MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat); proficiency in accounting and financial tracking software (e.g., SAP Concur) would be an advantage.
- Understanding of US national financial and economic policies, accounting, and tax regulations, and be familiar with bank settlement business.
- At least 2 years’ experience of administrative practices, procedures, and technologies.
- Demonstrated writing and editing abilities per past work.
- Experience with travel planning and workshop/meeting organization would be an advantage.
- A strong sense of personal responsibility, professional ethics, respect and sensitivity for others, and ability to work as a constructive member of a team.
- Ability at handling process matters with good learning, independent working, and financial analysis abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to effectively draft correspondence and reports in a clear, concise, logical, and grammatically correct manner.
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally, visiting countries in Asia as needed.
- An appreciation for cranes, birds, wetlands, and/or nature conservation is a plus.
Physical Abilities and Work Environment:
The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate computer and phones.
- Ability to communicate with fellow staff and donors. Communication will include both one-to-one communication, small, and large group communication.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate meetings with Asian staff.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 5-7 hours a day.
- Occasionally required to lift and move items up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally required to move throughout the building and throughout the site.
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally.
The work environment includes office work. The office environment is clean and climate controlled.
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include salary goals in your cover letter. Please list subject: Program Support – Asia
“ICF is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We hire great people.”
ICF is an equal opportunity employer.