The International Crane Foundation (ICF) is a global conservation organization that works in 55 countries to save the world’s cranes and the flyways and habitats on which they depend. ICF is committed to working across cultures to improve livelihoods for people and the habitats where cranes live. We are known for our collaborative work and effective conservation work to save cranes and their landscapes globally. ICF is highly committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment, not just in North America but throughout the world. The Human Resources Generalist is a key catalyst in supporting our staff as they work to achieve our Mission. While this position will primarily support our US staff they will also assist with international HR as needed. Are you ready to build your HR toolbox?
What is it like to work at ICF? Prepare to be surrounded by people who are passionate for our mission, dedicated to the organization, and engaged with their fellow staff and associates. You will find dedication in all levels of the organization from staff and volunteers to our dedicated Board Members. You will play a critical role in fulfilling our mission across the U.S. and 55 countries around the world. The salary range for this position is $48,000 to $55,000, plus a nice benefit package. This position is designed to allow Hybrid work.
The Human Resources Generalist supports the mission of the International Crane Foundation (ICF) by providing support for our employees so they can achieve our Mission. Responsibilities include leading the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding of the US staff, maintaining employment policies and procedures as they relate to business objectives, check-in and exit interviews, and advising managers on personnel matters. As a steward of our culture, the role will inspire, lead, educate and communicate the values of ICF through sound people management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position performs these duties on a regular basis. Actual day-to-day assignments may differ.
- Manage the hiring process, including writing advertisements, posting open positions, reviewing resumes, coordinating and conducting interviews, conducting reference and background checks, and drafting offer letters.
- Provide new employee orientation and on-boarding to foster positive attitudes toward ICF organizational objectives. Including one-month check-in. Using this task to help foster the employee friendly culture amongst all of our staff.
- Provide employee relations support to managers and employees for conflict resolution, performance issues, and the like. Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and helping resolve work-related issues.
- Administer employee benefit programs, including open enrollment, COBRA, time off, and FMLA.
- File necessary reports to the government and file worker’s compensation reports.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documents and conduct exit interviews.
- Assist managers in identifying training needs and resources.
- Secure and maintain employee personnel files and information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, performance reviews, and hire and termination dates; manages employee files per federal guidelines.
- Assist when requested with providing HR support to international staff.
- To work cohesively with the Executive Assistant to ensure the department operates efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- 2 or more years’ experience in Human Resources
- The ability to enable staff to succeed.
- Professional Human Resource designation PHR or SHRM-CP
- Experience with HRIS systems
- Not-for-profit experience
- Experience working with employee benefits, including benefit interpretation and administration.
- Experience counseling or mentoring employees’ inquiries and sensitive information effectively.
- Ability to preserve and maintain the highest degree of confidentiality with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Experience handling multiple demands simultaneously by organizing, prioritizing competing deadlines, and completing work accurately and timely.
- Verbal communication skills, including communicating effectively and persuasively with individuals by listening effectively and answering questions effectively and appropriately.
- Identify problems; collect, organize, and analyze information, and make appropriate decisions or recommendations within defined scope of responsibilities.
- Attentive to detail and thoroughness, using intuition and experience.
- Work as a constructive member of the ICF team, including the free sharing of information and technical expertise as needed.
- Self-driven, works independently, efficient at managing own time, works well without constant supervision.
- Quickly, effectively, and continually adapt to changes in work duties, processes, and technologies.
Physical Abilities and Work Environment:
The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate computer and phones.
- Ability to communicate with fellow staff, applicants, and stake holders. visitors, and donors. Communication will include both one to one communication, small, and large group communication. Communications need to be in English. Communication means both written and oral communication.
- Ability to work at workstation for 5-7 hours a day.
- The ability to attend meetings held throughout campus.
- Occasionally required to lift and move items up to 20 pounds.
The work environment includes office work. The office environment is clean and climate controlled.
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please list subject as: HR Generalist
“ICF is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We hire great people.”
ICF is an equal opportunity employer.