Executive Assistant – Development
Over the past 45 years, The International Crane Foundation has grown from the dream of two college students to a world-renowned conservation effort to save the world’s cranes and the flyways and habitats they frequent. Our Executive Assistant – Development will support the mission by providing excellent, efficient and responsive executive-level administrative support to the Development Department.
What is it like to work at the International Crane Foundation? Prepare to be surrounded by people who are passionate for our mission, dedicated to the organization and engaged with their fellow staff and associates. Our campus is located on 200+ acres of rolling prairies with trails. The Foundation operates a zoo that features all 15 of the world’s cranes. The salary range is $40,000 to $44,000 plus a nice benefit package. You will play a critical role in promoting and expanding our mission across the U.S. and 55 countries around the world. Does that sound like you?
The Executive Assistant – Development supports the mission of the International Crane Foundation by consistently providing excellent, efficient, and responsive executive-level administrative support to the Director of Development and front-line fundraisers. The incumbent supports fundraising activities of the organization through coordination of staff and volunteer fundraising activities; providing logistical support for virtual and in-person meetings and on-site visits; compiling, editing and reviewing reports and proposals; and monitoring progress on team projects and upcoming deadlines.
- Schedule, compile, edit and critically review reports to be used by the Director of Development and fundraisers (including Grants Officers), including funding proposals, board reports and other constituent correspondence.
- Perform research on existing funders and potential funding prospects as identified in internal gift reports and requested by colleagues and volunteers.
- Deliver premium customer service through in-person, phone and electronic communication, coordinating logistics for special guests with staff across departments and anticipating the needs of key guests to the International Crane Foundation’s headquarters.
- Record donor communications in appropriate electronic archive or database, including but not limited to donor contact reports, letters of intent and grant applications.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings, building agendas, scheduling and arranging tech as required to ensure a seamless and meaningful experience for all participants.
- Arrange travel for the Director of Development and frontline fundraisers as needed.
- Liaise with Board Directors as they carry out donor stewardship and cultivation activities.
- Provide administration support and coordination for member and donor events as needed, including some evenings and weekends.
- Monitor activity dashboards and deadlines, prompting action from appropriate team members and alerting the Director of Development as needed to keep projects on schedule.
- Print, copy, and post donor acknowledgments, reports and grant applications for delivery within deadline.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Work cooperatively with individuals across departments, making valuable contributions to shared projects and assisting with the outputs of others.
- Written Communication: Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to effectively proofread and edit reports and correspondence in a clear, concise, logical and effective manner while utilizing proper grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Detail-oriented: Carefully monitors the details and quality of own and others’ work, ensuring accuracy and effectiveness of large and small projects and products.
- Organization and Time Management: Manage multiple concurrent and competing priorities in a fast-paced workplace, using appropriate manual and electronic resources to ensure timely completion.
- Customer Service: Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years experience in administrative support functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Business, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with CRM software, especially Raiser’s Edge and GrantHub.
- Knowledge of fundraising and relationship management processes and best practices.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical abilities and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate computers and phones.
- Ability to communicate with fellow staff and donors. Communication will include both one-to-one communication, and small and large group communication.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for five to seven hours a day.
- Occasionally required to lift and move items up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally required to move throughout the building and throughout the site.
Office environment with a comfortable climate and limited noise.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to ICFjobs@savingcranes.org. Please put Development Executive Assistant in the subject line.
The International Crane Foundation is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We hire great people regardless of background.
The International Crane Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.